Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Snowballs

It's bake sale time!  I've signed up to make 2 dozen "baked goods" at the Holiday craft show this week and am in need of a different kind of baked good.  I like to see variety when I go to a bake sale and I'd like to think that the people put some real "effort" into all those yummy treats.  Not just store bought chocolate chip cookies in a Ziploc baggie!  That being said.... I also don't like to spend too much effort on the baked goods I donate.  I know, I know.... I'm being a hypocrite!  Well - this recipe makes me feel like I put a lot of effort in, and it taste like I put in a lot of effort, but I really didn't!  I hope you enjoy!

Pumpkin Snowballs
Makes 48.  Serving 144 Calories, 4.8 g Fat, Total Carbs 15.3 g, Dietary Fiber 0.3 g, Sugars 8.7 g, Protein 1.1 g

Ingredients:
  • 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies
  • 1 cup ground pecans
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.  In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in pecans, flour, pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
  2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
  3. Bake 13 minutes or until set but not brown.  Remove from cookie sheets and cool slightly on cooling rack.
  4. Coat warm cookies in powdered sugar (I usually place the powdered sugar in a large baggie)
  5. Let cool completely on cooling rack.

 Recipe via Pillsbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment