Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Pasta



It’s Book Club Night!  This is one of the few evenings that I get out of the house and have a bit of quality time discussing our “Book of the Month”.  Consequently, I was in need of a fast, easy recipe for my family!  I immediately thought of this quick recipe that my Mom used to make us during the busy school year.  It is super easy and very quick.  I hope that you enjoy eating it as much as my family!!!

Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is  300 calories, 6.5 g Fat, 5.4 g Dietary Fiber, 2.5 g Sugars, 25.5 g Protein


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lb diced chicken breast
  • 1 box (12 oz) pasta (we like to use the mini shells, but any pasta will work)
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
  • 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning

Directions:
  1. Prepare 1.5 lb diced chicken breast (If in a hurry, frozen works too).
  2. Microwave broccoli according to package directions, and drain well.
  3. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
  4. Combine butter, seasonings, and garlic.  Once the garlic has had time to sweat, add pasta, broccoli, and chicken and Mix well.
  5. Serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment